Visit Apocalypse Illustrated

Celtic Radio and the Fourth Dimension

apocalupsis

apocalupsis


Though the world keeps turning fast as a whip My heart slackens and wobbles; Blood trickles and sifts Tsunami recoils Quickening pulse To snap her fist. Narcissus Retiring not skulking away, at last retreat From the feathery grasses silkily sliding in aquafingers’ grasp.

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Whisper, Whisper

I see lines being drawn on a distant horizon
Leaden with crush
what is drawing nearer lingers
as the Pied Piper dances.

"Whisper, whisper little child
night deafens your speech.
Ah, draw back,
Draw firm the blinds,…unsnap the shade."

When I was a child
I saw wisps of ancient smoke
Coiling around the censer
streaming into fires of no regret.

Tuning in on WFBG---
Walking down the streets of Hollidaysburg
In all kinds of windy weather.

I found signs in elm, crystal and salamander.
Read portent of uneasy season
on puffs of cloud and puffs of smoke
And knew love in forests, fields and laughing in the meadow.
But never held on to anything so strongly
That I could not feel so many dreams lay behind…
No, I never knew so many dreams.

The sun has not changed but my eyes sees weary signs on the grey dusk tracks.

Who prowls this wilderness
Whose dream envisions a black and stormy cloud?
Whose ears cheer to the distant roar of drums?
Who calls the tune to hasten His return?

You who covet the power in the sky---
The Spring of Spring escapes you
trampled innocence
litters the ballfield

You envision the Glory of hard Battle
Interview with application
And receive promotion at work!

God does not solicit shame
while you preach tall sermons
And frighten timid souls
Turning His Holy Word
To your own hierarchical and political ends.

Ambitious artists make beauty walk prostitute.
And speak of pearly glamour in the fashion world…
And pearly skies
painted by God.
since He is everywhere all at once.
Not for someone else,
Not elsewhere,
Not from or in some other time

"Whisper, whisper little child of the world I once knew
night passes
words
Have flown
There is nothing left to say
My tongue has rusted and my teeth break on each word.
The day breaks
Draw back the curtains, my little one,
Draw back the shade."

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In Him we live, move and have our being. Acts 17:28