Visit Apocalypse Illustrated

Celtic Radio and the Fourth Dimension

apocalupsis

apocalupsis


Though the world keeps turning fast as a whip My heart slackens and wobbles; Blood trickles and sifts Tsunami recoils Quickening pulse To snap her fist. Narcissus Retiring not skulking away, at last retreat From the feathery grasses silkily sliding in aquafingers’ grasp.

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Our Lady of the Sea

I crawled into her circle dance
gasped for breath;
and submitted to fate for a season.
Over and over she rolled me
in her aquafingers:
clutch and counter-clutch,
the rolling logic
of her ever crashing surf.

Ruddy infants
are tossed from their mothers’ breasts
to the turtle-scraping retreat
from the hungry, bubbly surf.

The rattle and roll of her logic
and the ever-crashing seasnap
called me home
to my dwelling by the sea.

Fathers huddle
in the deep forest green beyond
the shower of her salty mist;
their chariots have all been abandoned
and their shoestraps rusted-over.

Their enterprises are dust
in the childrens’ eyes
fine morning crumbs:


Cities beyond reach,
highways collapse.
She sends a tremor
down the coastal spine,
the earth quakes,
valleys collapse
she is death.

I came to dwell with her but for a season;
and so I came to live by the sea.
She sends my days down the surf
like an echo in a conch
that murmurs and decays.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In Him we live, move and have our being. Acts 17:28